• Taylor Conservation and Heritage Society, Taylor, TX

TCHS - 1883 First National Bank

First National Bank (1883) 117 North Main Street.

A two story brick in the Victorian Italianate style. Brick is stuccoed and raked to resemble cut stone on the first floor, and is smooth finished at the second floor. The massive sheet metal cornice was fabricated by Jno Buass of Austin who did much of the work on Congress Avenue. Arched window openings contain wood sash with leaded glass windows. Segmented arches at second floor are tied with string courses.

TCHS - 1883 Historic

TCHS Membership

Click the link below.

Complete form prior to printing.

Membership Form


Community Links

Taylor Economic
Development Corporation


Taylor Chamber of


Dickey Museum &
Multipurpose Center


City of Taylor



Taylor Conservation and Heritage Society, Inc.

Located in Taylor Texas, a Community with Historic Culture, Architecture and Sites Worthy of Discovery, Preservation, Restoration and Protection.


TCHS is dedicated to the preservation of Taylor's history, it's diversity of cultures and it's wealth of historic structures.


For more than thirty years TCHS has worked to educate local citizens about there shared and inherited history. TCHS would like you to join us in supporting the preservation of Taylor's past by becoming a member.


Membership dues support education, research and other projects that benefit all the citizens of Taylor and East Williamson County.


Taylor Conservation and Heritage Society Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in Taylor, Texas.


Taylor's Main Street during trade days 1923.        Taylor National Bank 200 N Main St. built in 1894.

TCHS - Taylor Trade Days 1923 TCHS - Taylor National Bank 1894








TCHS - City National Bank Bldg.

The City National Bank Building at 210 North Main Street, built in 1909.

A single story buff brick structure with portico in the Neoclassical style. Symmetrical "temple front" design with fluted columns is finished with a finely proportioned entablature. It was designed by local architect Henry Stove.

Back to Top of Page